• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

resources for billing?

elenipete

COC-A
Blitzer
CCO Practicoder
As a new coder, I was willing to do anything to get my foot in the door. A month and 1/2 ago, I got my first job, in the BILLING department of a busy orthopaedics office. Was beyond thrilled!!! And loving it so far.

My problem? Well the woman training me (she requested for the office manager to hire someone right out of school) is not (and I am not trying to be disrespectful, although I know it is sounding like that) the best of teachers. All she shows me is how to navigate the software program, which is important. But if I come across any problems, instead of explaining it to me, I am told to just put it aside and she will look at it. I have asked her to explain it ( any problem) and she just says she doesn't have the time. And then will become irritated when she has to do it or correct any of my work. I am beyond grateful for this opportunity, which is why I am here now.
Would like to know of any resources that would be helpful. I can not afford to take an actual billing course, and the coding course I took had basic billing information. But nothing in depth. I want to be able to understand at least some of what I am doing. The only part I understand is making sure the codes are right when entering charges! Everything else, I am just going through the motion, and not understanding much of anything!
Any help in resources would be grately appreciated!
Thanks everyone